Characteristics of the Inverted Triangle Body
An inverted triangle shape is also known as an athletic body type and to have wide shoulders, a subtle waist, and great legs.
Is inverted triangle body shape good?
- Broad shoulders with an ample bust and a wide back
- A proportionally large upper body
- Bust can range from small to big
- Little to no waist definition
- Bottom is rather flat
- Great legs
- Sporty and athletic physique
People who have an inverted triangle shape typically wear a size larger for their tops than for their bottoms.
- You lean towards an apple shape if you have a big bust and weight around the midriff.
Styling Tips for the Inverted Triangle Shape
- Wear clothing that shows off your fantastic legs.
- Choose clothes that add curves to the hips and bottom.
- Choose clothes that create a more defined waist.
- Use belts to define your waist. Wide belts can be especially effective.
- Shoulder pads or detailing on the shoulders (such as buttons or embroidery) can draw more attention to the shoulders.
In general, leave the detailing to the bottom half of your body. Shirts for broad shoulders can be simple to avoid drawing the eye.
BEST TOPS FOR INVERTED TRIANGLE BODY SHAPE
- Narrow V-necks
- Tailored tops
- Dark-colored tops to make your upper body seem smaller
Asymmetric styles help break up the chest vertically. And if you have a small bust, halter necks can help elongate your silhouette.
BEST PANTS FOR TRIANGLE BODY SHAPE
Baggy trousers, turn-ups, combat, palazzo, flares, culottes, wide legs, and harem pants are great examples.
Jumpsuits and playsuits
should be your signature style if you are an inverted triangle because your broad shoulders let the garments fall nicely down your silhouette. The only thing you need to make sure is to balance out the wide shoulders with the lower body.
BEST SKIRTS INVERTED TRIANGLE BODY
Draw attention to your lower body is by choosing skirts in bright colors, horizontal stripes and patterns.
They should be lighter or brighter than your top.
BEST DRESSES FOR INVERTED TRIANGLE BODY TYPE
Strapless dresses are a great way of showing off your shoulders.
When it comes to choosing dresses for an inverted triangle body shape, you can:
- Highlight your legs
- Minimize your shoulders
- Refine your waist
BEST JACKETS AND COATS FOR TRIANGLE BODY TYPE
Pockets or other details below the waist are great to add interest and volume to the hips. Opt for single-breasted jackets as double-breasted jackets would add too much volume to the upper body.
Details around the hip area are also excellent to add interest and volume to the hips.
- Belted and nipped coats are great for you.
What shape should an inverted triangle not wear?
- Avoid Wide and Low Necklines
- Steer clear of patterns on your tops and scarves around your neck and shoulders
- Keep your upper body clean and uncluttered
- Avoid skinny jeans, simple styles and darker colors that take attention away from your lower body.