Characteristics of the Apple Shaped Body
Apple-shaped bodied women also tend to have thinner arms, legs, and hips, and tend to gain weight at their waistlines.
What is an Apple body type?
- wide torso
- broad shoulders
- full bust
- full waist
- full upper back
- thinner legs
When you gain weigh usually sits in their middle and upper body, including the back, breasts, and stomach.
Your waist is not very pronounced, their bottom is not very full, and the hips are narrow.
- You lean towards a pear shape if your hips are slightly broader than your shoulders.
HOW TO DRESS FOR AN APPLE BODY
- Draws attention to the shoulders and neckline
- Keep your silhouette fitted under the bust, below your arms, and along your waist
- Wear darker colors around your waist area
- Invest in a good push-up bra to lift your chest
- Belt your clothes
- Draw more attention to your legs
- Invest in clothing fabrics that are more structured
BEST TOPS FOR APPLE SHAPED WOMEN
Peplum tops are great for the apple shape
- Empire waist tops and dresses should be a part your signature style.
BEST PANTS FOR APPLE SHAPE
Go for bootcut jeans, wide-leg jeans, or flare.
Palazzo jeans work perfectly if you are plus size, petite or slim. The best part about these jeans is that they draw the attention away from your stomach and bring more attention to your legs
- Be sure to tuck in your fitted top or blouse and add a third piece to complete the look.
BEST SKIRTS FOR APPLE SHAPE
Skirts for the apple shape body should camouflage the wider mid-section. To achieve this, they should hit right above the knee, knee, or at the calf.
- Full, tiered, flared or bubble skirts are great.
like the attention on your tummy, then shop for more empire and a-line style dresses.
BEST DRESSES FOR APPLE BODY SHAPE
Wrap dresses will simply give you the appearance of having a more defined waist.
- Go for a tunic style dress or a belted shirt dress.
BEST JACKETS AND COATS FOR STYLES FOR APPLE SHAPE
Opt for tailored blazers to draws attention away from your tummy area. The coats should preferably be longer than hip-length to balance out your frame
- Wrap style and tailored jackets work well as well.
What apple shapes should not wear?
- Avoid crop tops and tight-fitted shirts
- Stay away from details and embellishments around the midriff area
- Steer clear of tops that end above the hipline since this would make the torso look bigger
- Shapeless outfits that don’t show any waist
- Bulky pants with pockets and zippers at the front
- High necklines