What are the characteristics of a rectangle body shape?
The rectangular body shape is characterized by a straight body line with not many curves, shoulders and hips of similar width, the waist is not well-defined and very long legs:
What is a rectangle body ?
- Tall and lean
- Not particularly curvy
- Bottom is rather flat
- Straight shoulder line
- Bust and hips are approximately the same width
- Small to average midriff
- Straight hips and bottom
- Weight gains typically distribute evenly throughout the body
HOW TO DRESS A RECTANGULAR BODY TYPE
- Belt your clothes
- Create volumes in your body
- Draw more attention to your legs
- Wear darker colors around your waist area
- Invest in a good push-up bra to lift your chest
- Wear well structured clothes
BEST TOPS FOR RECTANGLE BODY SHAPE
- Shirts should finish at the hip level
BEST DRESSES FOR A RECTANGLE BODY SHAPE
Empire line dresses and wrap dresses are great choices for the rectangle body.
- With belt or tied at the waist.
BEST PANTS FOR RECTANGLE BODY SHAPE WOMEN
Jeans for the rectangle body should have back pockets to add curves to the silhouette.
- The best jeans style is a bootcut.
BEST SKIRTS FOR RECTANGLE FIGURE
Skirts are an ideal way to add volume to the lower body.
- Straight skirts can also work as they follow your natural silhouette.
BEST JACKETS AND COATS STYLES FOR RECTANGLE BODY SHAPE
- Go for Longer coats that past the knee. As it will elongate and slim the body.
What rectangle shape women should not wear?
- Avoid oversized or extra wide outfits
- Straight cuts must be eliminated from your wardrobe
- Avoid clothes that end at the waist or embellish it
- Don’t tuck tops into pants or skirts
- Stay away from High-rise pants
Do you have a fashion or style question? You can contact me here!
or Book a FREE Discovery Styling Call
I’m Linda, your go to Stylist, Personal Shopper and Curator.
Whether we can walk together down the streets of Paris, or you would prefer the contactless virtual experience, I will enhance your wardrobe through inspiration, styling tips and tricks, and a curated shopping experience.
Read more about my story here.