WHAT DOES A PERSONAL STYLIST DO?
A personal stylist will help narrowing down your personal style and finding brands that align to update your wardrobe .
They can provide advice on what to wear according to your body shape, lifestyle and budget as well as building a capsule wardrobe. They can also give advice about what clothing to get rid of and which ones should be kept in your wardrobe and avoid buying clothes that may not look good on your body type.
There are different ways to get help with your style from style boxes, to in-store stylists, to online stylists, and more.
If you’re wondering about which styling option will be best for you, this post will answer all your questions:
- What does a personal stylist do?
- How do I find a stylist to hire?
- What kind of personal stylist service is best for me?
- How much does a personal stylist cost?
- Is a stylist worth it?
A personal stylist typically helps you with the following: wardrobe organization, shopping guidance and personal image consulting. They will also help you put together outfits for different occasions, whether it be a job interview or a night out on the town.
As a personal shopper and stylist, I’m passionate about my mission to:
To help women incorporate Parisian Chic into their wardrobe and develop a timeless Parisian Chic-inspired personal style.
The best personal stylist will listen to your needs and preferences and will not try to convince you to dress like someone you’re not. Before hiring a personal stylist, ask if you can book a free consultation to ask questions and to share your style goals.
HOW MUCH IS A PERSONAL STYLIST?
It varies. You can get a styling session for free from an in-store stylist, but you will be limited to store.
Or, you can hire a stylist who will shop for you anywhere.
With style boxes, you are really just paying for the shipping fee. The stylists that work with you for the style box services are like an in-store stylist so the service is free.
Here’s a comparison of prices for styling services:
- Personal styling (online or in-person): $75 to $300 dollars an hour. Some stylists charge per package.
- Style box services: $20–$60; the fee usually goes towards the items you choose to purchase.
- In-store stylists: free
HOW DO I FIND A PERSONAL STYLIST TO HIRE?
You’ll find the most credible ones on the Internet and they are not online services that have taken over page one and two of Google. As they will be large online personal stylist companies that they will help you to put looks together, but they are not qualified stylists but more like a retail sales person.
You can search online for a personal stylist with these keywords:
- Personal stylist near me
- Online personal shopper
- Personal shopper
WHAT KIND OF PERSONAL STYLING SERVICE IS BEST FOR ME?
There are so many personal styling options available now. Let’s break these down with the pros and cons of each.
Style boxes are best for you if you:
- Have a good sense of your style, but are too busy to shop
- Are on a budget
Style boxes aren’t good for you if you:
- Have way too much in your closet you aren’t wearing
- Don’t understand your personal style
In-store personal stylists are best for you if you:
- Want to add new items in your wardrobe and know exactly what to shop for that won’t add clutter to your closet
- Need last minute help for an event, interview, or a special outfit
In-store stylists aren’t a good option if you:
- Are unsure with what you want to add to your wardrobe
- Need help in narrowing down your personal style
- Want help adding new pieces in your current wardrobe
ONLINE AND IN-PERSON PERSONAL STYLISTS
Personal stylists are best for you if you:
- Want to understand your personal style
- Want to build a wardrobe that’s functional and works for you
- Don’t want to be limited to one store or one brand
- Previously tried to figure out your style without success
- Prefer personalized attention
Personal stylists aren’t a good option if you:
- Have a tight budget
- Aren’t ready to open up to new styles?
- Aren’t ready to part with old items?
IS A STYLIST WORTH IT?
Absolutely! An online styling session can be an excellent way to add new pieces in your wardrobe and define your style without breaking the bank.
In the end, whether or not a personal stylist is worth it comes down to your own personal circumstances and goals. If you’re looking to overhaul your wardrobe, save time and money while getting some expert advice along the way, then hiring a personal stylist is definitely the way to go.
Are you searching for a personal stylist and want to learn more about the online and in-person styling services?