What are the characteristics of a rectangle body shape?
The rectangular body shape is characterized by a straight body line with not many curves, shoulders and hips of similar width, the waist is not well-defined and very long legs:
What is a rectangle body ?
- Tall and lean
- Not particularly curvy
- Bottom is rather flat
- Straight shoulder line
- Bust and hips are approximately the same width
- Small to average midriff
- Straight hips and bottom
- Weight gains typically distribute evenly throughout the body
HOW TO DRESS A RECTANGULAR BODY TYPE
- Belt your clothes
- Create volumes in your body
- Draw more attention to your legs
- Wear darker colors around your waist area
- Invest in a good push-up bra to lift your chest
- Wear well structured clothes
BEST TOPS FOR RECTANGLE BODY SHAPE
- Shirts should finish at the hip level
BEST DRESSES FOR A RECTANGLE BODY SHAPE
Empire line dresses and wrap dresses are great choices for the rectangle body.
- With belt or tied at the waist.
BEST PANTS FOR RECTANGLE BODY SHAPE WOMEN
Jeans for the rectangle body should have back pockets to add curves to the silhouette.
- The best jeans style is a bootcut.
BEST SKIRTS FOR RECTANGLE FIGURE
Skirts are an ideal way to add volume to the lower body.
- Straight skirts can also work as they follow your natural silhouette.
BEST JACKETS AND COATS STYLES FOR RECTANGLE BODY SHAPE
- Go for Longer coats that past the knee. As it will elongate and slim the body.
What rectangle shape women should not wear?
- Avoid oversized or extra wide outfits
- Straight cuts must be eliminated from your wardrobe
- Avoid clothes that end at the waist or embellish it
- Don’t tuck tops into pants or skirts
- Stay away from High-rise pants