I firmly believe that age has nothing to do with style; it doesn’t matter how old you are; you can still look chic and classy like French women. There are some timeless pieces that you should own if you’re looking to be stylish and you’re over 50.
Because French style is all about collecting pieces that are comfortable and chic at the same time, here are some fashion essentials for a classic French style if you’re over 50.
- Fitted Blazer: This is a staple that you can find in every over 50 French woman’s wardrobe.The best part about having a fitted blazer is that you can pair it with anything from a basic T-shirt to a camisole or a straight Jean. A blazer transforms your outfit immediately and gives it a chic, sophisticated look.
- A Button-down Shirt: Whether it’s chiffon or cotton, a high-quality button-down shirt is an iconic piece every woman should own. To rejuvenate your outfit, pair it with a simple dark blue pair of jeans and a pair of sneakers, and you’re good to go!
- High Waisted Jeans: This is a classic piece available in every over 50 French woman’s wardrobe. It is a perfect definer that gives your waist definition and makes your legs look longer. Considering colors, a dark high waisted jean is more polished while light denim gives a more casual vibe.
- Classic Leather Handbag: Every woman should have a classic leather handbag in their closet. This is a great way to accessorize any outfit, especially a black one so that you can pair it with any outfit! Depending on your budget, you can opt for any size you want.
- Statement watch: you should invest in a timeless wristwatch if you don’t have one already. When you’re in doubt about how to accessorize, just wear your wristwatch; it’s the perfect accessory for any outfit.
- Minimalist Jewelry: whatever you do, avoid wearing huge statement necklaces and earrings as they make you look cheap and unsophisticated. Wear minimalist jewelry instead, or like I said previously, just wear a wristwatch!